Get in Touch
Give us a call, send us an email or come visit us in person. We’re looking forward to meeting you.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How far is Kirkhill from Edinburgh?
The Mansion House at Kirkhill is nine miles from Edinburgh City Centre. Close to the City Bypass, there is easy access to the house by road as well as a nearby train station at Newtongrange. The house is just under half an hour’s drive from Edinburgh Airport.
- Do we need a car at Kirkhill?
The Mansion House is set outside of the main village, so it is advised to have a car. The nearest railway station at Newtongrange is a six minute drive away, so although a car is not vital it does make life easier. Taxis are available in the local area and can be booked on request.
- Are there shops nearby?
There is a large Tesco supermarket ten minutes drive away where you can buy groceries and supplies. Alternatively, we can arrange for any meals to be catered.
- What does exclusive use mean?
We only ever have one party at any one time at Kirkhill. The house is completely at your disposal, so you can have any event on your timescale, your decoration, your way.
- Do you allow pets?
We absolutely do accept pets… so long as they are on a lead and toilet trained / extremely cute! There is a £10 per night extra charge and we must take a £50 damage deposit.
Kirkhill is a fantastic place to take dogs for a walk.
- Are there any activities nearby?
There is plenty to do during your stay at Kirkhill Mansion. From its prime location in Midlothian, the mansion is only a stone’s throw from the infamous and breathtaking Rosslyn Chapel to Borthwick Castle and the Scottish Mining Museum. The whole area is steeped in history and it’s all on the doorstep.
Kirkhill Mansion is situated only nine miles from Edinburgh city centre, and only minutes from Edinburgh’s park and ride helping you take the stress out of parking in the city. Take in an Edinburgh Spooky night tour through the cities underground labyrinth, see the infamous Castle or visit Dynamic Earth or the Science Museum.
For those who are looking for some action, we can arrange some activities in the grounds including archery and falconry, or other activities only a short distance away include quad biking and clay pigeon shooting.
Get To Kirkhill
Directions from Edinburgh Airport
1. Turn right onto the A902
2. At Maybury Junction, traffic signals turn right onto the A8 Signposted City Bypass A720, Glasgow M8
3. Branch left at Shell Maybury, then at Gogar roundabout take the 2nd exit onto The City of Edinburgh Bypass – A720 Signposted City Bypass South and East
4. At Lothianburn Junction continue forward onto the A720 Signposted Berwick upon Tweed A1
5. At Straiton Junction continue forward onto the A720 Signposted Berwick upon Tweed A1
6. At Sheriffhall Roundabout take the 5th exit onto the A7 signposted Galashiels, Hawick
7. At Gilmerton Road roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the A7 Signposted Hawick
8. At Melville Dykes Road Roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the A7 Signposted Hawick
9. At Eskbank Road Roundabout take the 3rd exit onto the A7 Signposted Galashiels, Hawick
10. At Hardegreen Roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the A7 Signposted Galashiels
11. At Victoria Park Roundabout take the 2nd exit onto the A7
12. Turn right at sign post for Kirkhill Mansion